||[31 Aug 2005|12:57am]
I just noticed that both myself and Danielle have deleted our old journals, both of which were the maintainer journals. We may or my not need to relocate to a new journal, but we will figure that out if the need arises.
The reason for this post is to let all returning memebers know that AN EMERGENCY PRACTICE will be held immediately following the INFORMATIONAL MEETING on Thursday, September 8, 2005. Please try your best to attend. We will be learning at least one new routine for the game that Saturday, the 10th.
Another peice of business is that I will be making up fliers tomorrow night to hang in the school and pass out amongst classmates. I will be distributing them one the Junior first day of school (the 6th) but I need some volunteers. I need people to help me cover as many classrooms as possible, and to hang them in as many places as possible. They will be advertising our informational meeting on that thursday, and need to be up ASAP. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. START RECRUITUNG PEOPLE!
I will be sending out an e-mail as well for those of you who do not have livejournals, or who have not yet joined.
||[25 Feb 2005|01:27am]
This is your coach.
Practice for the two St. Patrick's Day parades will resume in a matter of weeks.
The two parades and their dates are...
The Springfield St. Patrick's Day Parade, March 17th, in downtown Springfield... leave during school.
The Holyoke St. Patrick's Day Parade, March 20th, in Holyoke, by K-mart... meet at school and take the bus.
Practices will be held: TUESDAY MARCH 8TH, 2:30-3:30; THURSDAY MARCH 10TH, 2:30-3:30; AND TUESDAY MARCH 15TH, 2:30-4.
You must attend at least one of the first two practices, and the March 15th one is MANDATORY. If you miss March 15th, you may not perform in either parade. Is that clear?
I know not everyone can read this journal, so PLEASE spread the word to the rest of colorguard.
If you have any questions, call me at 530-0140.
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you all [or most] of you on March 8th.
||[20 Nov 2004|04:26pm]
Just a reminder...
There IS practice this Monday, November 22nd from 2:30-4.
Please make sure to bring a change of clothes AND either sneakers or your uniform shoes... and check the weather! I don't want you freezing at practice if it's going to be cold!!
Please spread the word.
||[19 Nov 2004|12:37am]
So yay!!! Here's the colorguard community. We have to make sure everyone who has an LJ joins...
|Yankee Doodle (Marching)
||[18 Nov 2004|09:01pm]
1. right present, left present
2. right slam, left slam
3. right present left present
4. right slam, left slam
6-7. "fight song routine"
8. slow rowboat
9. fast rowboat, hold 5,6,7,8
HOLD FOUR COUNTS!!!!!
15. slow rowboat
16. fast rowboat, hold 5,6,7,8
17-18. repeat 15-16.
20. bounces [right, center, left, center]
21. repeat 20.
22. slow rowboat
23. slow rowboat
||[18 Nov 2004|08:57pm]
1. [flag on ground] Hold 8 counts.
2. Hands and hips shake.
3. "Spirit fingers" up in a circle to above head.
4. Right arm forward, left arm forward, right arm to the right, left arm to the
5. Pick up flag in 4 counts.
6. Paint the sky.
8. Reverse sweep.
10. Right slam, left slam.
11. Hold 4 counts, Paint the sky, one figure-8
12. Repeat 11.
13. Shake flag down to right slam.
14. Circle around bouncing flag in 4 counts, right shoulder on 5, right
horizontal on 7.
15. Squat down and put down flag, hold for rest of series.
16-19. [Drum solo] 32 counts to do your thing!! Just please make sure you allow*
time to get back to your spot and flag.
20. Pick up flag in 4 counts, paint the sky, one figure-8.
21. Hold 4 counts, paint the sky, one figure-8.
22. Shake flag down to ground, drop.
23-25. Repeat 2-4.
26. Dance to beat, all collapse to the ground.
*for thanksgiving day game Angie, Lynn, Da, and Trish do tosses for 32 beats while the rest dance. Dancing partners are as follows:
Erica & Sarah
Emily & Jen
Meagan & Katie
||[18 Nov 2004|08:54pm]
Hold for 4 counts.
1. 3 rowboats
3. reverse sweep
5. reverse sweep
6. paint the sky
7. reverse sweep
8. paint the sky
9. reverse sweep
10. repeat 1-9
11. repeat 1-5
12. right slam on 1, hold.
13. pop tosses on beats [angie, emily - 1; sarah, katie - 2; erica, lynn - 3; trish, maynard - 4, meagan, jen - 5]
||[18 Nov 2004|08:53pm]
1. Snap with left hand.
3. Snap with right hand.
5. Walk forward and snap, walk back and snap.
6. Walk right and snap, walk left and snap.
7. Point left to right, right then left and snap.
8. Point right to left, right then left and snap.
9. Electric slide move.
10. Right arm circle, left arm circle, thumb pointing to the right.
11. Right arm circle, left arm circle, hands on knees towards the right.
12. Down, get your flag. Up, top of pole in left hand by 8.
13. Top of pole to the right, then left, right, left, right, switch hands on 8.
14. Top of pole to the left, then right, left, right, center, up on 8.
15. 1 butterfly.
16. Right slam, right shoulder, left slam, right shoulder.
17. Two full figure-eights.
18. Backscratcher, right-slam on 8.
19. Wave, right to left.
20. Wave, left to right.
21. Move flag up and down and circle around, right shoulder on 5, right horizontal on 8.
22. [Move from CrazyTrain] Up, down, up, down behind shoulders.
23. [Rest of move from CrazyTrain] Swing flag around to the front, right shoulder on 5, down on 7, up on 8.
24. Alternating spins.
25. Paint the sky.
26. Reverse sweep.
27. Paint the sky.
28. Reverse sweep.
29. Right slam on 1, hold 2,3,4. Toss on 5, then back to right shoulder.
30. Hold until the end.
||[18 Nov 2004|08:47pm]
Hey all and welcome to the CHS Color Guard community! I am going to be adding the current routines in the next few entries. Im debating whether or not to put up the contact list but ill let Da answer that one. Hope ya like it!
~ Tricia ~